Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Pregnant Lady Smoothie recipe

Being pregnant and being a vegetarian can be challenging at times. I can't get my omegas from fish or protein from meat (nor would I even want to, considering the way our world "farms" animals, but that's a whole other discussion!). Because of this, I need to find good alternatives. When I was pregnant with Archer, I did have a little meat once a week, which I honestly don't believe made a real difference. But this time around, I'm going to try to stay veggie all the way.

So here's my current favorite snack/smoothie, that I try to drink most afternoons or evenings. It's full of protein, omegas, vitamin B, iron, etc.:

1 banana
1/2 cup of skim milk
1-2 tablespoons peanut butter
1 scoop of soy ice cream
1 tablespoon of chia gel or dry chia seeds
1 teaspoon of nutritional yeast
1 serving/scoop of vanilla protein powder

Blend it up and drink! It's as good as a Jamba Juice and I'd say even close to a regular milk shake!

No comments:

Post a Comment