Sunday, April 4, 2010

Iron Chef Baby

I vowed to make Archer's baby food when he started solids. I also vowed to feed him organics whenever possible. Today I made him organic carrot puree and organic pea puree.
I steamed the veggies to preserve the good stuff(vitamins, minerals, etc.)...
I then used our handheld blender to puree the veggies with a little water from the steaming process.
We got these nifty storage containers yesterday for freezing baby food. They come in 1 and 3 ounces sizes. They are made by Vital Baby. I packed all the purees in these. This should last us the week.
Getting ready for freezing.
Bill and I noticed how fresh organic veggies taste so much better and sweeter. Archer had a little for lunch today and he really enjoyed it.

3 comments:

  1. That is so awesome, you have inspired me for when Tyler moves to solids!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pachi, it's really easy and very rewarding! And you know exactly what is going into your baby's food! :D

    ReplyDelete